- Aug 29th, 2022
- 10am – 5pm MDT
- Lunch provided
END-TO-END TESTING WEB APPLICATIONS USING CYPRESS
Full end-to-end automated tests are the best way to gain the confidence that the entire system will work when the real user visits the site. This workshop introduces you to the Cypress.io Test Runner and teaches writing realistic tests that are readable, reliable, and fast.
The workshop is very hands-on, you will get the best value out of it by coding the test exercises along with the instruction.
This workshop covers the topics relevant to both beginners and experienced Cypress users.
Things you’ll learn:
- Installing Cypress and writing the first test
- Cypress documentation, examples, and recipes
- Selecting the DOM elements and interacting with the page
- Controlling the application state
- Removing test flake
- Spying and stubbing the network communication from tests
- Running Cypress tests on Continuous Integration system
- Factoring out pieces of tests into custom commands
- Any computer (Mac, Windows, or Linux)
- Node v12+,
- Git to clone the repo